Saturday 5 December 2009

I like to be in America

So...

One thing I've found out this week is that using my camera as a video camera is basically pointless because by recording one 2 minute video and then using the camera once to view it literally sucks all the life from the batteries. Far be it from me to cast aspersions over Samsung's inclusion of a video facility on their worthy cameras but you do have to ask the question - if 2 minutes of video is all you can ever hope for before having to buy new batteries - what is the point?

Anyhoo, we're here in the US and all is well. We've done a good few shows with Big D and the Kid's Table now and I'm currently listening to them soundcheck their 'Doped Up Dollies' tune, complete with female backing vocalists, podiums, video projection screens and a wicked stage set. It's like Top of the Pops without Jimmy Saville.

We've also had the pleasure of doing a few headline shows of our own and props to Heff and Dozer who over the last two nights have given this orphan warmth, shelter and a working PA. Dozer even had a dog who, despite his advanced years, diabetes and bad breath, had such a way of padding about and looking at us that everyone fell in love with him. Especially his Rod Stewart hairdo. Here's the little bugger now...

 













Who could fail to be moved to tears and arr's and oooh's at his little face? No one, that's who.

Anyway, I'll get some new batteries now and I'll take some proper snaps instead of trying to do videos because that's clearly pointless.

Right, I think we might get a quick soundcheck so I'll be off. Innabit yo!

Barney x

No comments:

Post a Comment