Thursday 16 April 2009

Sonic Boom Six's Day Out (without Barney and Neil!)

Being in Sonic Boom Six does mean that we get to go to and see some amazing places. Yesterday was one of them rare days off that we actually do something that we never do! The plan was for Ben and Nick to get together down south and play about on their guitars and for me to chill in the sun in Ben's garden... Instead we get a phone call from Ben the night before and he asks if we want to go sailing with his dad! This was something I'd never done before, I was pretty apprehensive as I get mega seasick whenever we travel anywhere on water but I thought I'd give it a go!

So, we meet up with Ben, his dad, his dad's mate Tony and the 2 dogs - Trumpet and Molly, in the morning at a Marina in a place called Lymington.

The yacht is amazing! We get a little tour of it and crack open the beers! Ben's dad lets us know that we will be going to the Isle of Wight for lunch and then we'll head back.

The sun is shining and we set off. I eat a ginger biscuit (as this stops you from feeling sick), drink a beer and relax on the deck. The journey is pretty smooth and I'm quite proud of myself. Not only is this my first time on a boat, I'm actually looking after the dogs! Normally I'm really scared of dogs! Check out Nick Horne at the helm!















Once we get to the Isle of Wight, Rob (Ben's dad) treats us all to fish and chips in a lovely pub and then we head back to the boat!

The journey back was nothing like the journey there! I didn't realise that sailing was actually different than driving a boat with a motor and it was all hands on deck when we got back! We were running around all over the place pulling various ropes and unfurling sails! I felt like a pirate or something! Once the excitement of getting the various sails up was over, we sat back and enjoyed the quiet sea air, it was lovely.

Once we were back on land, we went back to Ben's house and his mum treated us to an amazing Indian takeaway. It was the perfect ending to a great day!

Thanks Rob, Ben, Tony, Mary, Trumpet and Molly! x

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEALOUS!!!!

    I spent the day indoors working on the sampler, then playing football (really badly)

    It's the curry im most envious about :(

    Neil Boom Six :P

    P.S. They better know their guitar parts tonight then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you lot went to lymington and adam came to swanage, i can't believe i missed everyone coming down south! glad you had a great time though :) hopefully see you soon! x

    ReplyDelete